Sunday, April 3, 2011

Yoga Graduation!!

A week ago I, along with 50 other yogis, graduated our yoga teacher training program at South Boston Yoga.  David Vendetti, Todd Skoklund, Amanda Richter, & Jo Flaherty taught us the foundations for what we all need to be fantastic and safe yoga teachers.  Their never ending support and kindness was so endearing and the yoga community there spills out love and gratitude.  I don't have enough great things to say about them!!  Have I mentioned this experience has changed my life? Really, it has!!



For seven months I shared, laughed, and cried with some of the greatest people I've ever met.   So graduating was a little bittersweet.  I will miss being together with the entire group, but I'm also thrilled to be leaving the nest, teaching and living life knowing that these people will always be here.  I will always be there for them too.  I learned to question myself and my mind that never seems to quite down!  I want to share 5 important lessons that I have learned in these months of sharing.

1. Choose Freedom First
This was a big one! What does it even mean?  Well, instead of suffering and bitching at my job every single day,  I now realize that without this job I can't do all the yoga I want or paint in my studio. And this job is not the only job I'll have; it was a major support during my training and serves as a support now as I continue classes at the Institute of Integrative Nutrition.  I might even find my first clients here!

2. Accept Responsibility for all of your actions
yeah, I've messed up plenty of times and now I understand why and I know my triggers.  more freedom!

3. Face everything & Avoid Nothing
I stopped avoiding confrontations and found my voice, a new assertiveness that I was scared of before.

4. It's not personal
Road rage much?  Well, that guy didn't cut me off because he hates me.  He's in a rush and I really could care less. Just don't hit my car, OK?

5. If you can't do it for yourself, do it for others
I really like this one because I have to remind myself of this everyday.  When I don't feel like eating healthy I know that making a bad choice will hurt me and also affect the people I come in contact with, affect my yoga class and practice, and make me feel bad.  So that brings much more purpose and intention for all the actions that I do in my life.

Amazing,  right? My hope is that you will read these and perhaps relate them to your life.  Peace and many thanks to my friends and family who have supported me through this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment